Saturday, April 16, 2011

Doheny Beach South Orange County.

These are a few pictures at Doheny Beach in Orange County, CA. Doheny is probably one of the best beaches to check out if you want to learn how to surf.  The waves won't kill you, the area has plenty of parking (you can pay for a day pass or hour by hour), and getting to the beach doesn't require that you walk very far. The latter is probably most important if you are using a long board. Unfortunately, with its slow rolling waves and popularity, I can see this place being super crowded in the summer.  Its not always fun catching a wave with four people you don't know.

 When surfing, respect the waves. They are merciless, unlike God.


 Mike trying out my 50 prime.  First time we got to hang out since he served a year in China.



And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever. - Revelations 22:5




James pretty much showed me where and how to surf when I was still in California.  More than surfing, he was one of the brothers that showed me that building my life on the solid rock is the only way to live.  As C.S. Lewis said, "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."

No comments:

Post a Comment